I like this.
They’re an end user but fall into the tech enabler class – so without their developers, they’re dead in the water.
Big business, small team. You’ll have access to ALL of their dev: front end, back end, services, mobile, analytics, algorithms etc
You’re already pretty good at using C# to build software but now you’re looking for the business that can give you the leg up into the “Navy Seal” arena. You want to influence, you want complexity and you want the opportunity to learn the hard-core stuff that you need before you head into architecture. If that’s true then this is for you. You will have exposure to all of their moving parts.
You need a couple of things to get an interview:
- We don’t care about your qualifications but we do need you to show at least basic competence in mathematics.
- This isn’t a role for bookworms; you’re educated but you know how the real world works.
- You’re both interested in pushing tech to scale without losing access to smaller, more nifty projects.
- You know how to Engineer / Solution / Problem solve.
- You’ve been around enough to have applied experience in a production context.
The technology buzzwords that you will need in your past include:
- OODP / Design Patterns
- C# - this is not hacky cut & paste work
- SQL Server; T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Queries, Tables etc
Any of the following would be useful to know but they’ll train you where needed:
- Web API Services consuming Rest
- Octopus – CI/CD
- Rich client experience – Typescript or any of the other modern frameworks
- Functional UI skills only – this is not consumer driven web work
It’s easiest to pop me a mail on email@example.com if you want to chat. Please feel free to pre-vet my CV at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-pretoriusthedotnetguy/ otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn, she will schedule a time for us to chat 0114633633.
Reference Number for this position is JP42916 which is a permanent position based in Sandton offering a salary negotiable on experience.