International development consulting firm with a deep passion for analytics requires a Senior Data Engineer to join a dynamic and highly skilled team of Developers.
You will be required to monitor the existing metrics, analyse data, and lead partnership with the data analytics team to identify and implement system and process improvements.
- Postgraduate in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a data engineering department.
- Experience in data warehousing inclusive of dimensional modelling concepts and demonstrate proficiency in scripting languages.
- Proficient with Python/R/SAS/SPSS. Good SQL skills.
- Client facing and managerial experience is essential.
Overview of the role:
- Address business challenges by leveraging analytics, data science and technology to provide meaningful and actionable insights to clients.
- Manage client expectations in terms of timelines, delivery of outputs and the value provided to the business.
- Ensure technical outputs align to business strategy to maximise ROI.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and enhancement of statistical models, including justification for the selection of the chosen modelling techniques and approaches.
- Implement algorithms and approaches for machine learning.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Establishing frameworks for the processing, cleaning, consolidating and verification of the integrity of data used for analysis.
Reference Number for this position is KB48858 which is a Permanent position based in JBH North offering a cost to company salary of up to R600k PA negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Kavisha Bissessar on KavishaB@e-merge.co.za
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!