This is large fintech work. Senior Developer. C# .NET Core. Microservices. Rest. DDD. They look corporate but they’re not really. This is a cool space because you’ll get the new tech but also get the free beer/coffee/ lunch that many of the smaller businesses just can’t afford. They’re slick, mature & actively pumping money into both their tech as well as their developers. Money is a by-product of experience & skill but unfortunately, I cannot go over R800k for you. You are most welcome to apply if you are less experienced but keep in mind; they’ll pay based on merit. You’re not going to get R800k just because they could go there
As long as you have 5 years or more experience; this lot will chat with you.
They need you to know a few things before they’ll interview you:
- They talk about how their environment uses a diverse range of tech (within the .NET stacks). So good general knowledge will help you
- You will need to be able to code in .NET Core early in your relationship
- Of course, C# & Asp.NET Core come with that
- Most NB is your services skills – Restful API experience would be preferred but if you have a ton of WCF experience, they will talk
- SQL Server design and development skills would be very useful to you
The other fluffy details include:
- React or Angular skills – not essential
- Containers – Micro services experience
- Cloud – either Azure or AWS
- They do a ton of financial mathematics. A degree in mathematics OR a Comp Sci Degree where you’ve taken maths 2, would get their attention pretty quickly
It is easiest to pop me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to chat. Please feel free to pre-vet my CV at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-pretoriusthedotnetguy/ otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn on 011 463 3633, she will schedule a time for us to chat.
Reference Number for this position is JP42242 which is a permanent position based in Cape Town offering a salary negotiable on experience.