The data scientist will work with a team of extraordinary engineers to deliver business’s automated consumer behavior prediction platform to companies with results that are multiples better than traditional statistical or ML methods.
The business is automating and commoditizing cutting edge AI results, and your job will be to help the team in doing this. Beyond automation of the data science process, the main focus of this job is to make sure the business stay ahead of the pack in terms of accuracy, speed, and scalability by being creative and diligent.
You must have met your experience requirements outside of Academia to qualify for working at this business; must have strong written English skills and be incredibly smart and hard-working
- Must have 3 years’ experience building deep nets using Python or C++
- At least 1 year of this need to have been spent on datasets larger than 1 TB
- Proficiency in using RNN architecture
- Proficiency in using NumPy, SciKit, TensorFlow
- 1-year experience in distributed Deep Net implementations such as a Spark TensorFlow integration
- Experience in writing lambda functions will be preferred
- Proficient in querying databases
- Strong University level Math, Physics, Applied Math or Mathematical Statistics background required
- Experience in R or MatLab
- Collaborate with team to improve automated feature selection, audit automated pre-processing and intervene when necessary
- Collaborate with team to improve automated data pre-processing, audit automated pre-processing and intervene when necessary
- Collaborate with team to improve automated, Deep Net Architecture and meta param optimization
- Keep abreast of latest breakthrough ML publications and suggest adoption where relevant
- Monitor model performance for individual clients and advise intervention where needed
- Advise on and implement cost and time-saving measures in regards to model training
Reference Number for this position is GZ42996 which is a permanent position based in Hyde Park offering a cost to company salary of R700K pa negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Garth on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!