Interesting job this one.
You’d be replacing a core Technologist moving onto another project within the business.
The gig is perfect for leaders of developers who want to code – this is hands on work.
The role is within the R&D & development arm of a major end user. You would (amongst other things) be consulting back to the business on technology, identifying gaps or opportunities, conceptualising technical products/platforms that evolve the business, leading those initiatives & then jumping into more vanilla execution teams to teach them how to do what you do.
This is a role that blends the respect for compliance that the large financial institutions legally must obey with the fearlessness in tech needed for a Fintech shop.
You will find yourself in a high influence gig; in a business that wants your opinion; working with a team of very strong specialists.
You will find yourself playing a mixed hand of futurist with infrastructure optimisation.
You’ll need some heavyweight experience behind you to be able to deliver in this one:
- You’ll need those years you’ve spent as a Technical Architect in other environments
- You’ll also find yourself needing the technical (wo)man leadership skills you’ve gained; to be fair this role will demand project leadership skills as well
- You’ll find that your colleagues/peers are stereotypically people who got bored in operational leadership roles because they’re tech geeks themselves
- Without a doubt, you will find yourself needing to manage business people who don’t grasp your world
- I’d expect you to need some sales skills as you drive your own concepts back into the environment
You will need absolute confidence in your own tech skills:
- Imposter syndrome exists; it’s fine to not know things but you’re core technical pain short term will be –
- .NET Core – C#
- NET Core with Razor
- Azure – a variety of elements within the platform
- You’re going to need either enterprise experience in that tech OR serious depth in your own personal work
It would help you immensely if you already understood:
- Banking generally – at least, you will need some understanding of the challenges legal compliance brings
- Continuous delivery
- Agile – Safe or Scrum
- Api Architecture or full on Micro Services – Docker / Kubernetes
- OOP / DDD / Service Fabric
- Broader Cloud experience outside of just Azure (not really NB but it would help you)
I’m comfortable having a confidential chat with you about this. Let me know you who are and we can set up a chat.
It is easiest to pop me a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to chat. Please feel free to pre vet my CV at https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-pretoriusthedotnetguy/ otherwise call in, I spend my life on the phone but if you speak to Nicole Burn on 011 463 3633, she will schedule a time for us to chat.
Reference Number for this position is JP45334 which is a Perm position based in JHB CBD offering a salary up to R1.5m ctc negotiable on experience.
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay BIG CASH to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
“If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position”