Our client is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help them guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Their digital footprint reflects their commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help them drive their success into the future, they are looking for an experienced Data Scientist - Machine Learning Engineer with the ability to execute on their IT Journey.
• Machine Learning Engineer
• Data Scientist
• 5 - 7 years' application development and support experience
• Experience gained in creating production software / systems and a proven track record of identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks for production systems and / or algorithms
• Experience in deep learning and machine learning algorithm design, feature engineering, validation, prediction, recommendation, and measurement
• Must have gained experience with complex, high volume, multi-dimensional data, as well as machine learning models based on unstructured, structured, and streaming datasets
• Also, able to use tools for analysing and benchmarking operating systems, applications and algorithm performance and lastly programming skills in C, C++, Scala, Python, R, Java, SQL or similar
• Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and associated technologies e.g. Apache Spark, MLlib, GraphX, iPython, sci-kit, and Pandas is required
• EE Only
• Post Graduate Degree in Information Technology
• Qualification in Computer Science, Engineering or Applied Mathematics ideal
• Certification should be in Hadoop (Cloudera or Hortonworks) and Apache Spark
The reference Number for this position is LV44491. It’s a permanent position based in JHB, the salary is negotiable based on experience. Contact Liza on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful *referrals! https://www.e-merge.co.za/careers/referralprogramme/