Financial services industry giant and employer of choice based in Sandton is looking for a Big Data Specialist with solid skills and experience in technologies such as, Java, PIG, Hive, Sqoop, Spark and Hadoop.
- Construction of complex Business intelligence assets based on specifications produced by BI Architects and System Analysts, including mentoring and supporting junior developers.
- Creation of digital assets on Big data platforms.
- Create, maintain and support data processing functions to import
- Unstructured data sources from various technology stacks into open source platforms.
- Translates and not limited to, the CRS and PRS into executable code without errors.
- Finds effective software solutions to technical issues.
- Ensure that the application performs the functions as required by the business.
- Actively coach other developers during the code review process to understand and apply standards whilst ensures that business objectives are reflected in the technical processes in which they manage.
- Contribute to Business Intelligence strategy, technical direction, ETL Architecture on big data.
Qualifications & Experience
- Essential: Tertiary degree (B. Engineer, B.Com, BSC) / or similar
- 5+ years’ experience in software development on Hadoop for large commercial entities.
- Processes: SDLC, ITIL (Incident, Change, Release, Problem Management)
- Technologies: SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL
- Big data, Hadoop ecosystem related technologies
- Excellent understanding of Java 2 platform enterprise edition
- Apache Pig
- Apache hive
- Apache Sqoop
- Writing Pig UDFs and Hive UDFs and UDAFs in the analysis of data.
- importing and exporting data from relational database into HDFS using Sqoop.
- Hadoop architecture and its components like HDFS, MapReduce, Job Tracker, Task Tracker, Name Node and Data Node.
- using all complex data types in Pig and mapreduce for handling the data and formatting it as required.
- Working experience in Agile and waterfall models.
- Expertise in writing ETL Jobs for analyzing data using Pig.
- Expert in NoSQL Column-Oriented Databases like HBase and its Integration with Hadoop cluster
- Excellent working knowledge in Java and SQL in application development and deployment.
- Good knowledge on relational databases like DB2, Oracle and NoSQL databases like Hbase, mongo, etc.
- Ability to contribute to all stages of SDLC on Client Requirement Analysis, Prototyping, Coding, Testing and Documentation.
- Tech-functional responsibilities include interfacing with users, identifying functional and technical gaps, estimates, designing custom solutions, development, leading developers, producing documentation and production support.
- Basic knowledge in Apache spark for fast large-scale in-memory MapReduce.
- Diverse experience in utilizing Java tools in business, web and client
- Result Orientation
- Change Readiness
- Time Management
- Communication (written, verbal and listening)
Reference Number for this position is CN39804 which is a permanent position based in Sandton offering a salary of R840k – R960k per annum CTC negotiable.
The time for change is NOW! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates. For more info on this and other opportunities contact Craig on (011) 463 3633 / firstname.lastname@example.org